Student ID Card
- Valid dates and other information on the card can be renewed using a kiosk-type
printer. Before rewritable ID card* was introduced, the person in charge
had to apply a new seal to the card at the time of renewal. If new cards
are issued whenever student ID Cards are renewed, the university has to
issue many cards. A rewritable card, however, cuts the cost of labor and
- Expire Date
- Field etc.
Advantages for students
- - No risk of loss of the renewal seal.
- - Saves time because there is no waiting at the renewal office.
Advantages for university
- - Labor costs are cut since renewal seals are no longer necessary, and students
can renew their student ID card themselves using kiosk-type printers.
- - Rewritable cards are difficult to forge and can help prevent fraud.
- - Congestion at the renewal office is reduced if kiosk-type printers are
If the school management system is connected to the university bursar, students
can renew their cards using a kiosk-type printer immediately after payment, which
is convenient for both the student and the university.
*Rewritable cards are created using "ThermoRewrite," which is Mitsubishi
Paper Mills' thermal rewritable material. If you are a card manufacturer, please click the link
at left and go to the ThermoRewrite website.
*Rewritable card: Another name is ThermoRewrite card or TRW card.